Spiritual discernment is related to God's wisdom, not man's. It is the ability to properly perceive the distinctive or peculiar features of an individual or group. A mind that discerns spiritually is one by which wisdom and insight go far beyond what is seen and heard. Believers should utilize spiritual discernment to edify; instruct and improve, not judge.
6 Things To Remember About God's Gift Of Discernment
1) People are not the enemy - ".....Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat (Luke 22:31).
2) Only the Holy Spirit can change hearts - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? The Lord searches the heart, He tries the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.(Jeremiah 17:9-10).
3) Don't Judge, Only Know Them By Their Fruit - "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why behold thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. God's Word tells us that....every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (Mathew 7:1-5, 17-18).
4) Compare Everything To God's Word - "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).
5) Pray Without Ceasing - "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God (Philippians 4:6).
6) Act When Necessary - "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil (Psalm 37:7-8).
Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow.
"............work out your own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).