Meditation has a tremendous effect on emotional and mental health because it targets the mind. To meditate is to focus one's mind on a particular object, thought, or activity. It may be done sitting, standing, or laying in bed with the eyes closed. Meditation is most beneficial when practiced in a quiet environment.
Meditation assists in the achievement of a mentally clear and emotionally calm state. Meditation is a coping method that reduces stress, anxiety, depression, and or pain. It is also used for the purpose of reaching a heightened level of spiritual awareness. Whatever the reason, meditation is always beneficial.
4 of many Benefits of Meditation
1) It reduces stress, which may lower blood pressure
2) Better Sleep, which improves one's concentration; improved brain function
3) Loosing and Maintaining weight; develop better eating habits
4) Heightened level of spiritual awareness; may help connect man with the Divine (God), and help him get to know himself
4 Tips on How to Meditate
1) Sit Comfortably
2) Focus on breathing
3) Start with small Intervals
4) Don't get Frustrated
*"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8)